Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Eat faster . . .


Tonight I made one of my favorite dishes, Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Vinaigrette, by Giada De Laurentiis from Everyday Italian on the Foodnetwork.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE almost every recipe that I have made from Giada, and I am always willing to try more new ones. They are amazingly elegant and easy at the same time. And very very good.

So tonight, the girls get home from dance at 5:30pm and since swim season has started, we need to be in the pool at 6:30pm, which means we leave the house by 6:15pm. Why oh why did I make one of my favorite meals on a night of rushed eating. I get everybody seated around the table by 5:35pm, pray, pass the wonderful yummy chicken and salad and rolls around to all 6 of us, take a deep breath, inhale, and begin pointing in 12 different directions. "You go get the towels, you go get the swim bag, you clear the table, you load the dishwasher, you go potty, you get the baby in the car, you get you swim suit on, etc. etc." We make it to the pool on time, only rip out a few strands of hair whipping the swim caps on so fast, and sit. I realized as I sat down and kissed the baby, how we had forgotten to clean him off before we tore him out of the high chair. Nice. Sitting by the pool and enjoying wonderful conversation, how I wished I had stuck a couple pieces of chicken in my pocket to savor and enjoy, s l o w l y. Oh well, I found a couple crumbs in the baby's shirt, maybe he will share.

2 comments:

Hot Sauce Mama said...

I am going to try this recipe tomorrow night! Sounds great! I am glad I found this blog! I love the daily stuff and find encouragement in it. Thank you! Egg rolls por Vida!

The Budz Family said...

HA HA HA HA HA! Yup, especially Jack in the Box egg rolls, in Smokey Joe, ah yeah baby!