Monday, April 28, 2008

A few things I learned today:
~ The way the children say my name can have so many different meanings. For example:
mom = generic, normal feelings, calling for mom's attention
mom mom mom = paying no attention to what mom might be doing or where mom is, the short triple blast is usually an urgent call for something I usually cannot have, used strategically while mom is on the phone or in the bathroom (likened unto being pecked by a duck)

MOM!! = I am hurt or stuck, I need help!

muOm = I am being injusticed by a sibling and I need to tell you

mhuOhm = I am so embarrassed by whatever you just did

mgrrrrrom = I don't like that I am in trouble

maaAAAHHHHHom = I have an owie and I want you to fix it but I don't want you to touch it

mommy = I love you

No matter how they say it, it is my favorite name, and I love it!

No comments: